When you need to register for VAT
If you supply and sell goods and services online across borders, you may have a requirement to register and remit VAT or indirect taxes as a non-resident business.
Where registration is required, online retailers can avoid setting up offices in each country by using a tax agent or fiscal representative. This allows them to register as a non-resident company and avoid high costs and taxes involved in incorporating a business locally.
Please reach out if you would like further guidance on how to stay compliant when selling your goods and services online.
EU VAT e-commerce packages
From 1 July 2021, VAT rules on business-to-consumer (B2C) e-commerce activities in the European Union (EU) changed.
- Businesses importing and selling low-value goods up to €150 to EU consumers - Low-value importers that sell goods from a stock outside the EU now have the option to utilise the Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS). This mechanism allows importers to charge VAT in an EU country prior to delivery into the EU, and prevents the need for the supplier to VAT register in every EU member state. Find out everything you need to know about IOSS, including who is eligible, how it could benefit your company and how to register here.
- Businesses importing into an EU country and selling goods to EU consumers - Importers that bring their goods into and then sell to consumers in the EU must charge VAT to the consumer in their own EU country and can utilise the One-Stop Shop (OSS) to do this. This mechanism allows businesses to charge VAT to consumers at their own countries VAT rates and then report this in one EU country, usually where they are delivering the goods from. This replaced the existing EU distance selling regime and allows businesses to avoid having to register in every EU member where they sell goods. Find out everything you need to know about the OSS and how it could benefit your company here.
E-commerce VAT services from Fiscal Solutions
Fiscal Solutions provide a seamless VAT service supporting e-commerce businesses, which:
- Helps businesses understand the complexities of e-commerce VAT
- Ensure your business remains VAT compliant where it’s trading
- Provides foreign traders with an all-round VAT compliance service, including the filing of VAT and statistical returns.
- Lends foreign traders the use of our in-country business address from which you can apply for VAT registration
Why use Fiscal Solutions for online VAT support?
We help you simplify today’s complexities, address tomorrow’s challenges, and take the fear out of the equation. We anticipate problems before they happen and offer tailor-made solutions. The values we represent, and our consistent advice, mean you can trust Fiscal Solutions to do the right thing – for you and your organisation.
By employing a multi-lingual team of VAT compliance specialists, it enables us to deal directly with tax authorities in their language, helping you to achieve your business goals in a timely and efficient manner.
Our specialist teams collaborate to provide clients with the highest calibre of advice. We are big enough to have deep knowledge in a broad range of niche fields – and small enough to offer a personal approach.
Get in touch
Call us today on +44 (0)20 7831 5115 or fill in the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.